Monday, October 26, 2009

WOW....Not World of Warcraft!

Well folks, prepared to be amazed! This is actually a current entry written directly onto the webpage!! :) I will still add a little about the assembly, BUT you need to know my status!

Today I worked from 9-7 on a few hours of sleep. I came home, and knowing that I had missed dinner and prayer, I planned to eat and head up to pray...BUT I had one of the best conversations with Sr. Sharon (and the more I think about it, the more I realize that I keep having the BEST conversations!).

In this 'vida missionera,' a journey and a blog that was meant to last only a year, I am continually graced by the understanding that I am here for a reason. This is me. This is where I am supposed to be now!

You will hear more about how the assembly confirmed my discernment to be here, but everytime I have one of these "BEST coversation ever" deals, I just feel the Holy Spirit! It comes gently and leaves in an excited whirlwind! :)

It's funny because I never thought that I would want to re-process my life story again...and as I looki back, I'm not entirely sure what brought it about. Oh, Sharon mentioned my maturity (don't laugh) and wisdom (don't). I explained that I really had been shaped by my past. I began to expand a little on the glimpse of my sitch that I shared with her yesterday, but it just came out! ...bless her soul for listening! From my family, to searching even as I applied, to my time interviewing in Philly, to orientation, and to date!

I have not felt such a sense of peace, gratitude, meaning and purpose in, ...well not to make this about records, but my whole life. I mean...ME, why ME? He chose ME!?!?! It brings tears to my eyes and joy, absolute joy to my heart! ME! He just keeps doing that!

I can just revel in awe at my own existence and the presence of God's care and plan in my life! Thank GOD...literally! It's so beyond me, but that is the point! Ephesians...Thanks be to Him, whose power at work within us can do infinitely more than we can ask or imagine!!! WOW! (but don't forget Prov. 3:5-8 either)

Tambien...I think that I was also reminded this evening of how strong my love, care and concern are for my family. From the outside it looks like I left. Which, physically, I did. BUT if you could see and understand the way that life just comes together...WOW! I am so blessed to have them and so hopeful for our future as faithfilled people! :) That can be extended to my immediate family as well as my family of faith...you know who you are! Let's do this!!!

I was just talking to Crystal last night about how they call this thing "Cabrini Mission Corps," which is totally code for like Circles of Discernment! The way that I have been encouraged to process and discern has opened my eyes to what has happened (oh snap, Bartemaus got healed on Sunday too!) in my life, and makes me so eager to see what lies ahead! I come to this city...yes, city! Who thought I would be in a city!? lol My dear friend once told me that no matter how 'developing' my area abroad would be that he would come find me, even if meant that he had to verbally get directions from one rock to the next! That's what I thought too, and here I am...that's how He works! (long tangent) I'm in the city, with a great community that is helping me to grow in so many ways, both with the sisters and the CM of MCM. Led into spritual direction, into ministry, then to the assembly, AND He brings more angels to our community from overseas (Swaziland, Australia, Brazil, Spain, ....) to give great insight and nuggets of wisdom...I mean really, what a set up! You just have to work for free ;)



I wish my eyes were not so tired! ha I'm going to pray before I get too sleepy (no comments), but ....WOW, you need to get over here and just see how this all works!

No comments:

Post a Comment