Friday, September 24, 2010

There is an appointed time for everything...

Need I say more?

Again, God just keeps ...being...Himself! :) Before I came to Cabrini I had the experience of meeting a wonderful Messianic Jew from Nicaragua. We met Salsa dancing, and though the relationship got...complicated, I never stopped appreciating it!



Today's reading included the explanation of how there is a time for everything. I will also include this reading, as it's so important to remember just how balanced life is! In all of it's complicated simplicity that reading is SO TRUE! When I was getting to know Bernardo, I almost resisted it! He ALWAYS brought it up! What do you mean a time for love and a time for war? A time to love AND a time to hate? Yes.

I am finding now....more and more, just how important it is to have an awareness of this truth. It really brings a peace in accepting that life calls us to different responses at different times. We cannot keep EVERYTHING, that is why we need to cast away. That can pertain to junk (haha in my house everyone had a dresser drawer that was their "junk drawer"...looking back, it's kind of ironic that we didn't label other drawers that too!), it can pertain to ideal and expecatations, ....sometimes even relationships. Because it is our job to come up with the best response possible as life comes head on, we are called to do that prayerfully and with and openness to learning and wisdom. It is my prayer for all of us, including myself, that we be mindful of that!

Yay God for the inspiration of such a useful way to understand balance and trust! AND I mean...look there's even a time to DANCE!!! I think that I'm going to have a little less resistance to this part of Scripture!!! ;) Enjoy!

Eccl 3:1-11
There is an appointed time for everything,
and a time for every thing under the heavens.
A time to be born, and a time to die;
a time to plant, and a time to uproot the plant.
A time to kill, and a time to heal;
a time to tear down, and a time to build.
A time to weep, and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn, and a time to dance.
A time to scatter stones, and a time to gather them;
a time to embrace, and a time to be far from embraces.
A time to seek, and a time to lose;
a time to keep, and a time to cast away.
A time to rend, and a time to sew;
a time to be silent, and a time to speak.
A time to love, and a time to hate;
a time of war, and a time of peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment